RCMP recently found and seized a firearm at a residence on Willow Bay in Portage la Prairie.
The weapon was found last Thursday, September 14th when they located a male in possession of it.
The 17-year-old male from Sandy Bay First Nation was arrested without incident and has been charged with:
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm/Prohibited Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Unsafe Storage of Firearm
He was released from custody on a release order.
In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, PortageOnline encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the PortageOnline app.