A lot of people have visited St. Claude's Jail without committing any crimes.

The jail, built in 1913, is now a museum and since opening in July has had over 300 visiters from all over Canada, as well as France, Holland, and Ecuador.

Tourism Chair John Qualye explains there were a number of reasons to re-do the jail, but seeing the line-up to get into the old Winnipeg jail during the open door event pushed them over the edge. The jail consists of two cells, one is a replica of the orginal, while the other displays historical information.

There is also a constable's office with articles used by the last constable of St. Claude.