A 23-year-old man is facing many charges after initially being pulled over for a burned-out tail light in Amaranth.
Amaranth RCMP stopped the vehicle travelling on Kinosota Road around 9:20 p.m. on September 11th. The officer asked for the driver's licence, but he said he did not have with him. He provided a fake name and was arrested. A search of the vehicle revealed a modified loaded rifle.
As a result of this incident, Ricky Campbell has been charged with:
- Possession of Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Weapons Possession Contrary to an Order
- Possession of Prohibited Weapon When Knowing Possession Unauthorized
- Possession of a Firearm in a Vehicle
- Possession of Prohibited Weapon with Ammo without a Licence
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm,
- Obstruct Police Officer
He was remanded and appeared in court on September 13th.
In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, PortageOnline encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the PortageOnline app.