The second annual HyLife Holiday Helpers company food drive was a huge success for the La Broquerie-based business!
Across operations, HyLife employees donated more than 2,400 non-perishable items to local food banks/programs, and thanks to additional funds from HyLife Fun Days this past fall, the company was able to share a total of $50,000 in cash donations with these organizations that work 'tirelessly to make the holidays bright for their neighbors struggling with food insecurity,' stated HyLife's most recent media release.
"This was our second annual Holiday Helpers campaign where we solicited all our employees throughout our company in Canada and the U.S.," explained Sheldon Stott, Senior Director of Corporate Sustainability, HyLife. "We collected non-perishable food items for donations to local area food banks. This is just an opportunity for us to give back to those who are less fortunate than ourselves and try to alleviate some of the stresses that people are experiencing these days with hunger and not being able to have enough food for their families."
Between the annual employee food drive and monetary donations, HyLife donated to 15 charities in the Canadian provinces of Manitoba and Saskatchewan and in Windom, Minnesota, USA, including:
- Windom Area Sharing Center, Windom, Minnesota - $10,000 USD
- South East Helping Hands, Steinbach, Manitoba - $8,000
- Neepawa Food Bank, Neepawa, Manitoba - $6,000
- Grunthal Caring Hands Food Bank, Grunthal Manitoba - $2,000
- Accueil Kateri Inc, Ste. Anne, Manitoba - $2,000
- Virden Area Food Cupboard, Virden, Manitoba - $2,000
- Deloraine and Area Community Food Cupboard, Deloraine, Manitoba - $2,000
- Boissevain Food Pantry, Boissevain, Manitoba - $2,000
- Souris and Area Harvest Food Bank, Souris, Manitoba - $2,000
- Humboldt and District Food Bank, Humboldt, Saskatchewan-$ 2,000
- Minnedosa and Area Food Bank Inc., Minnedosa Manitoba - $2,000
- Gladstone Community Food Cupboard, Gladstone, Manitoba- $2,000
- Carberry Food Cupboard, Carberry, Manitoba - $2,000
- Killarney School Breakfast Club, Killarney, Manitoba - $2,000
- Killarney Food Bank, Killarney, Manitoba - Food donations
- The Killaney Food Bank also received $40,000 this past fall from HyLife Fun Days.
"Being a food company, we feel committed to supporting those who work to ensure no one goes hungry. HyLife is proud of our employees who feel empowered to give what they can. Wrapping up the donations with cheques worth $50,000, thanks to our generous partners, is the perfect way to embrace the season of giving," shared Stott.
"With those additional funds from our HyLife Fun Days, and with the current needs that are out there we thought the food banks were worthy recipients for those funds this year!"
"Giving is part of our culture," adds Stott. "We've grown up in these communities and we live and operate in these communities, and our employees are essential members in these communities in which we operate. It's something we've done since inception and it's something we plan to continue doing!"